Comfrey is a hardy perennial with large coarse leaves. Comfrey grows quickly and the leaves can be used as mulch or fertilizer. Very easy herb to grow.
- part shade
- moist well draining soil
- moderate water
- harvest: roots & leaves
- DO NOT EAT! EXTERNAL USE ONLY!
- avoid open wounds
How to use?
- creams, lotions & salves
- infused oils
- nutrient accumulator
- a must have permaculture plant
- leaves works great as mulch
- hairs on leaves could irritate skin, wear gloves
- has a deep tap root and can become invasive